Procedure for Descaling of Boiler Through Soaking Method :
- Open the Hand Holes and Mud Holes and Water Wash all the sludge present at the bottom Side of the boiler.
- Close all Hand Holes and bottom bonnet fill water 3 inches above the tube level. See that you fill raw water having a pH of 7.
- Add Chemical minimum 10% concentration of total water holding or depending upon the thickness of scale.
- Close the top bonnet and steam vent and fire the Boiler to keep the Boiler on 25% of the Working pressure for a period of 8 to 12 hours, remove the air inside the boiler through the air Vent and close the air vent once the steam starts coming out.
- Check the condition of tubes and accordingly keep the Boiler at 10% or 25% working pressure.
- After 12 hours open the steam vent and air vent and let out the steam, then add cold water and let out hot water and cool the Boiler.
- Open all the hand holes and mud holes and do the mechanical cleaning wherever it is possible.
- Chemical will loosen the bonding of the scale with metal and will not totally remove the scales 60-70% job will be done by the Chemical.
- 30-40% of the job will be done by the mechanical cleaning with our people.